Fit Note Request
Emed3 request policy for patients
- Visit our website and choose Econsult or complete the form at the bottom of this page.
- In your eConsult please indicate if this is a NEW or CONTINUATION note and ensure this is clearly stated in the booking.
- If NEW please confirm dates of self-certification period. (Start and End date). You are required to self certify for first 7 calendar days (including weekends/bank holidays. Self cert form available from surgery/online/from employer)
- We are unable to issue notes dated in advance but may consider backdating a note if necessary. Any request can take up to 48 hours to be reviewed (excluding weekends/bank holidays).
- If you are requesting a CONTINUATION note please be aware any further notes must be for the same reason as the original note. If you wish to have a different reason stated as reason for original note this will be classed as a NEW request.
- In all cases no note can be guaranteed. It is for the issuing clinician to decide if a note is appropriate and can decline a request if there is no supporting evidence or if the clinician feels a review is required.
Once a note has been issued it will be sent to Reception for patient to collect. We are now happy to email sicknotes but they must be sent to the email address on the patient’s surgery record. (When you submit your request we will add the email address in your eConsult to your record. Any note will be sent via a Secure File Transfer to ensure Data Protection Guidelines are followed. We cannot send to a third party address such as family member or employer
Self Certification Form Download – Click here
Fit Note/Emed3/Sick Note
Request a fit note